Can you help me choose a domain name for my business?
Your domain name is the address that people use to find your website.
The most important thing to think about when choosing your domain name is that it reflects your business and your brand.
If you can get the domain name to match your business name, all the better. Here are some tips on choosing your domain name.
• Make sure it’s available by using the domain checker search function.
• Domains that are easy to type and to remember are best. So go for shorter rather than long ones. For example, www.florist.ie is better than www.floristservices.ie
• If you’re a local business, consider adding the location in your domain name. For example: www.galwayflorist.ie
• Choose a domain name that reflects your brand or what you do: www.florist.com is better than www.myshop.ie
• Avoid numbers and hyphens where possible.